Group characteristics in Tallahassee’s 32301 zip code
The biggest consumer groups in the 32301-zipcode are:
- “Young and Restless” (38.9% of the population and per trade report below: “Gen Y comes of age: Well-educated young workers, some of whom are still completing their education, are employed in professional/technical occupations, as well as sales and office/administrative support roles.”)
- “Emerald City” (16.8% of the population and per trade report below: “Emerald City’s denizens live in lower density neighborhoods of urban areas throughout the country. Young and mobile, they are more likely to rent.”)
- “City Commons” (8% of the population and per trade report below: “It is primarily
- comprised of single-parent and single person households living within large, metro cities located primarily in the eastern half of the US.”)
- “Family Foundations” (6.9% of the population and per the trade report below: “Family and faith are the cornerstones of life in the Family Foundations communities. Older children, still living at home, working toward financial independence, are common within these households. “)
- “Old and Newcomers” (6.8% of the population and per the trade report below: “The Old and Newcomers market features singles’ lifestyles, on a budget. The focus is more on convenience than consumerism, economy over acquisition. Old and Newcomers is composed of neighborhoods in transition, populated by renters who are just beginning their careers or retiring. “)
Most of the residents in Tallahassee’s 32301 zip code are employed in service or professional careers. Most have a bachelor’s degree and grew up using technology from a young age. The median ages for the group above vary from 29 to 40 years of age. Highest AARP Livability score, and some of the best city parks. The median age for the zip code is 30.5 years and there is a total estimated population of almost 31K residents.
Zip Code 32301 Biggest Market Segment: Young and Restless
First, the biggest group is called the Young and Restless segment. Also, this group includes approximately 38.9% of the population or 5,192 households. This group’s median age is 30.4 with a median household income of $49,500. The median net worth is approximately $13,900 and their homeownership rate is approximately 15%. These residents take public transportation and prefer to buy magazines about fashion, news and music. They are more aware of price than brand loyalty. Almost one in five move every year and they are restless consumers.
Zip Code 32301 Second Biggest Market Segment: Emerald City
Next, the second biggest group is the Emerald City residents. This group is 16.8% of the population included in the Tallahassee 32301 zip code. That includes 2,247 households. Also, this group’s median age is 38, slightly older than the group above. Their median household income is $73,000. The incomes of this group comes primarily from wages, investments, and self-employment. This group buys green products and cares about their carbon footprint. They also place huge importance on learning new things and emphasizing local cuisines.
Curious about those last three groups: City Commons, Family Foundations, and Old and Newcomers? If so, download a free report here: Trade Area Report for Tallahassee’s 32301 zip code.
Neighborhood and Population Characteristics
Here’s the thing, in the next several paragraphs we are going to break down a lot of numbers about the population living in Tallahassee’s 32301 zip code. These graphs are going to show you the median household incomes, job categories, and education level of the population. Also, we will show you the age distributions of children and adults. We have information on schools zoned for the 32301 zip code and a link to the school grade reports for public elementary, middle, and high schools at the bottom of the page.
For more information, download the free report here: Neighborhood Report Tallahassee FL 32301